Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Gold Panda - Lucky Shiner

Hey dudes. I'm really sick today, I've been coughing and sneezing all week plus last night I woke up at around 5 AM and could not fall back asleep. So I laid in my bed for 3 1/2 more hours trying to sleep, but I couldn't. So in addition to the sniffles and a headache I was also fatigued throughout my whole body to the point where I couldn't stand for longer than 3 minutes, and I could barely keep my eyes open. I'm a little better now, but I still feel pretty crappy, so I'm gonna keep this post short so I can go relax a little.

Derwin Panda, more commonly known as "Golden Panda", is an electronic music producer from London, and though I haven't heard any of his music prior to "Lucky Shiner", judging from this I can tell you his music is composed mostly of really vintage synth effects arranged in a manner that sounds more like a modern House song; with a four-to-the-floor beat and a lot of repitition. Another thing I picked up on is that a few of the songs also have a bit of an Asian/Indian vibe to them. The tracks are catchy and danceable, yet still maintain an element of Lo-Fi in them, which I dig, as that is what's gonna probably keep it from entering a lot of cheesy clubs.

What makes this album so good to me is how there is almost nothing like it right now in the current electronic music realm, a lot of groups that use vintage sounds don't make songs that I could dance to (Neon Indian, Ariel Pink) and I'm sick of most of the good danceable electronic music, as it's getting really played out now. "Lucky Shiner" could possibly be my electronic album of this year. So give it a listen, it might be yours too.

9/10

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment